"Shoes" what does that mean to you?

Monday 29 October 2012
For my recent birthday I received this card ---->
Other than making me giggle, it made me think about what my definition of 'Shoes' is. To me shoes are the foundation of what takes us places and gets us moving, not that I am trying to discount any of my or your achievements in life by saying your shoes got you there, but for me the shoes have made the journey all the more fun. Every pair of shoes I own or have worn tell a story. Whether it is a story about;
When I bought them (skanking my way through Europe)
Why I bought them (some jerk broke my heart) 
The event I bought them for (dates, weddings, parties, spraining ankles, new jobs etc)
And I love the fact that the shoes show a timeline on where I was at in that moment of my life ie when I first started my cadetship in the Accounting arena, I wore modest pale pink sling backs with a 2 inch stiletto heel purchased from Kmart for $10 and today I am wearing multicoloured 4 inch stiletto heels from the Guess concept store in Melbourne, price doesn't need to be discussed :P (Please see earlier blog post for a pic). Just a simple reminder of how far I have come and how much I have achieved.
 

Other shoe appreciators out there... what is your definition? Have you ever thought about shoes in the same way I have or am I truly addicted to shoes?

xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment