Melbourne is a shopaholics dream - agreed!

Monday 22 October 2012
My beautiful cousin had her wedding on the weekend, so I got to spend a fun few days with family in Melbourne.
On my previous visits to the self proclaimed shopping capital of Australia I was less than impressed, I had a failed visit to Bridge Road Richmond http://www.bridgerd.com.au/ (apparently the best shopping strip ever) and then a visit to Harbour Town Docklands http://www.harbourtownmelbourne.com.au/ in torrential rain on a Sunday so not many stores were open. They both left me wondering why Victoria's capital was named a shopping mecca when I didn't think it was and I couldn't figure out why others did!
After the weekend, I really need to retract my previous sentiments, Melbourne shopping is so good, but is it the best?! What do you think? 
Just like me, my sister has a fashion addiction, hers involves dresses. Melbourne has 7 of one of her favourite stores - Forever New and Sydney has a measly 4, this is another basis for my support of Melbourne being an epic shopping destination. 
Despite having a delayed flight on arrival and having a wedding to get ready for, my sister managed to buy tonnes of dresses and I was able to purchase 3 pairs of shoes, my favourite being these Guess heels (that were not available in the recently visited Parramatta Guess store or online from what I can see)




I am looking forward to further shopping adventures in Melbourne and being able to explore the city for all the best places to shop!!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment