Silver Lining of a High Heel Death Wobble

Thursday 1 November 2012
I am not going to pretend that I know what 'Gangnam Style' is or claim that I have it, all I know about it is it can be extremely dangerous to have when you are wearing platform stilettos.
A few weeks ago I was watching XFactor when Mel B (Scary Spice) was asked to do the Gangnam Style dance with Psy (the creator of Gangnam Style), check out this video and see what happens to her ankle at 50 seconds http://au.tv.yahoo.com/x-factor/video/-/watch/30876608/epsiode-22-mel-style/

My most recent near fatal death wobble occurred in Melbourne at my cousins wedding. Of course she had a kick ass DJ, and he played Gangnam Style, it was almost like all the guests younger than 35 hit the dance floor and covered it with Gangnam Style even though none of us knew what it was or knew the dance properly. When I heard the tune start to play, I had tonnes of time to kick off my heels but being a classy lady I left them on. On any normal day without the celebratory champas I was consuming I would have known that this was a bad idea...

I proceeded to do the Gangnam Style dance with my stiletto platforms, gathering as much height as a 5ft1 ish tall chick could with each epic pony jump. As I landed one of the said epic pony jumps my right ankle got a death wobble that caused me to fall forward violently!! With help from my pilates instructor (he wasn't there but I used skills learned in the class haha) I managed to catch myself before eating the floorboards whilst adding a splash of interpretative dance, which enabled me to turn my fall from Grace into my own Gangnam Style dance of which one of my cousins began to imitate enthusiastically!! Such a great outcome when seconds before I was inches from death!!!
 
Tell me when have you had a catastrophic death wobble? Was it in front of a live TV audience, on a dancefloor at a wedding or just in front of some local townsfolk at Coles?

Grace xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment