Addiction: When 4 pairs of the same shoes are almost enough

Saturday 17 November 2012
My name is Grace and I am a shoeaholic.
Most people associate addiction with various vices in our community (alcoholism, gambling etc). Not to make light of a serious topic, but I can admit that I too suffer from addiction.

After being complimented on my fluro pink open toed 2inch wedges for the umpteenth time on Friday evening, I decided I had to buy another pair in a different colour. I had been on the hunt for another pair before Friday, but they were still full price in Rubi Shoes which was only $29.95 but I couldn't justify another pair of the same shoes for the same price. A few weeks passed by and I checked in Rubi Shoes and all of the 2inch wedges had disappeared, I assumed they had been sent to their factory outlet stores. However, after not seeing them last weekend when I was at Market Central (view my previous blog here) I started to worry slightly.

Yesterday I was at Erina Fair, and wore the famous but elusive pink open toed wedges. I went into Rubi Shoes, hoping for a sighting of the rare creatures and after wandering around I asked the sales assistant if they had any of these <pointing to my shoes> she said yes but she would need some time to find them. 


After searching for a minute or so, the sales assistant found them hibernating under the sale table, in boxes, covered by table cloths. There they were in fluro pink, fluro yellow and silvery goodness. The price was even more exciting than the sighting! Only $15 a pair! I was contemplating on which colour to buy, decided on fluro yellow (check them out here with free delivery on most orders in Aust, US and Asia), then I thought 'why not get the silver too, it will match with heaps of stuff and could be worn in all seasons' so I gathered a silver pair as well. Then I said to the assistant 'maybe I should get another pair of pink, my current ones are almost at replacement stage? hmmmm?' not that I needed outside encouragement to buy shoes but she said "get them, I always buy multiple pairs of the same shoe if I love them, they often sell out or don't stay available for long". Great advice!!!!

I walked out with 3 pairs of the same shoe, a new understanding of my shoe addiction and a great new perspective on life - remember to pull aside the table cloth, you can discover hidden treasures, or occasionally some secret shoes on sale ;-).



0 comments:

Post a Comment