Sydney Shoe Safari

Saturday 10 November 2012
I am not long home from another awesome weekend away, this time in Sydney with my boyfriend. The main reason for the trip was to see Cirque Du Soleil. However, amongst many other touristy things, much to my boyfriend's delight we embarked on an impromptu shoe safari.

Saturday morning the safari kicked off at the unlikely place of circular quay. I saw a woman sightseeing in a pair of 6inch stilettos, a man wearing fluro orange joggers and I overheard a woman heading off on a wedding water cruise say "My feet are already hurting" It was only noon, If only she had read this previous post before organising wedding outfit! 

The safari continued at QVB where I found a great little shop Freelance Shoes and I was happy to find out that they had multiple stores including an online one that has free shipping!! Yipee! I had my eye on an awesome pair of heels but they didn't have my size :( so I just purchased them online hehe.

We continued through Pitt St mall and Westfield checking out a few shoe shops along the way and then I saw the biggest stiletto I have ever seen, surely the chick that this fits does not need any extra height?

Now onto George St, we had brief look through Novo and Wittner clearance stores, and I apparently spent the whole time saying "Oooo i have those and those and those and those".



Day 2 of the safari saw us at the cheaper end of town - Paddy's Markets and Market City. It was here that I made my first official purchase on the shoe safari. Massive purple wedges from Rubi Shoes for only $10. These shoes are possibly the highest I own, it is like a whole new world up there, I saw the top of my fridge this afternoon and I didn't like what was up there!


Rubi Shoes has one of the funniest advertising slogans I have seen, I initially saw it in Singapore last year, and it makes me giggle everytime I see it now.
Another clever shoe advertisement was on the front of the centre directory map at Market City - what do you think???.I go bananas for shoes!!

I then purchased these babies from Shoe Box, my mum will attest to this, that Shoe Box has been a favourite of mine at Market City since I was about 11 years old. Shoe Box also has a great online store with free shipping aswell!!!

It was while I was purchasing these, that I looked over to find my boyfriend resting, he was obviously all tuckered out after our super fun weekend away and the awesome unplanned shoe safari. I look forward to future shoe safaris and I am sure he does too ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment