Melbourne Mini Shoe Safari

Monday 14 January 2013
For his Christmas and birthday present, I took my loverrrrrly boyfriend to Melbourne for a long weekend and to the cricket. Besides all the excitement a weekend away and a day at the cricket (:P) can bring, thankfully I also had a very exciting time squeezing in a spot of shopping one afternoon.

You may recall from a previous post here that I took back my previous sentiments about Melbourne being shocking for shopping and declared my love for the city and the shopping. I also mentioned the bad experience I had at Harbourtown a previous time I had been there. Well guess what? After another visit I have changed my mind about Harbourtown as well!!

There was little spare time in our busy schedule, so I knew I had to make this brief (2 hour) shopping expedition count. I bid farewell to my boyfriend and hopped on the free city circle tram to Docklands, which is where Harbourtown is. Harbourtown, on a sunny day it is a great place to be, as it is all outside and there is little cover between shops, if there is inclement weather on the cards either postpone your visit or take a poncho!

I found a shoe shop within the first few minutes called "Famous Footwear" ordinarily I would just have a look in the window in shops like this as I have found the quality of the shoes to be sub par on occasion. However, I noticed these bright stilettos and an all-around inviting window display so I headed in.




I then found a brand of shoe I love called "London Rebel" one of the most reliable and comfortable brand I wear and very reasonably priced for the quality. So I purchased this red pair for $9.99 and this pair of flats (OMG flats, I never buy flats) for $9.99. What do you think? I found the red ones on Shoe Shed website for $24.95 (RRP $49.95), so got an awesome bargain there! 
The only two bad things about this store - The first, they DO NOT have an online store :( . However, the website does say "coming soon", so fingers crossed. The second, they only have stores in QLD and VIC.



I then took my shoe safari to Betts, I didn't find anything that was what I was after...I am not surprised as I never really know what I am after haha.

I continued to Novo and tried on a few pairs, I didn't realise until I saw them (have a squiz below), but I was definitely after a 3inch open toed wedge, not only an addition to my wedge collection but a comfy wedge to wear that isn't in my fluro range, see my previous post here These were only $25, I found them in the Novo online store as well if you are interested here.



What do you think of my purchases? Have you also had a fun time shopping in Melbourne?

I had such a great weekend, but I think next time a Melbourne Marathon Safari is in order ;-)

xo 

0 comments:

Post a Comment