Boohoo.com was a Boo Hoo experience for me :(

Tuesday 2 September 2014
Recently while my fiance' was away for the weekend, I managed to purchase 7 pairs of shoes in one weekend (6 pairs were online) check out my page here.
The second batch of shoes (read about the first pair that arrived here) arrived yesterday from Boohoo.com
I was not very familiar with Boohoo.com, and thought it was time I checked them out, so at 1230am I was laying in bed with my Ipad and filling my shopping basket with interesting shoes that I haven't seen available in Australia yet.


I stumbled across a pair of "Festival Feet" which I had never seen anywhere before, not dissimilar to shower caps surgeons wear on their feet in Grey's Anatomy. Essentially they keep all the mud and grass off your favourite trainers and make you look super cool ;) check out mine below. What do you think?! Have you seen these in Australia before? I don't really frequent festivals, so probably wouldn't have seen them in any case.

Festival Feet
  For all of these shoes it was $38.40 AUD which I thought was an absolute bargain.




However, now to the reason why it was a "Boo Hoo" experience for me:
  • When I processed my order for 3 pairs of shoes and the festival feet, it went through fine. THEN I received a random refund to my account and emails stating that one pair of shoes I ordered wasn't in stock. These were the ones I wanted the most and if I had known this prior, I would probably not have piled up my basket with other shoes to get me to the free shipping cap haha.
  • When I unpacked the items yesterday the boxes were crushed. Not BooHoo's fault but maybe packaging international deliveries better would help this.
  • Then I tried on all the shoes including the festival feet and the tie on the $8 festival feet tore off - not that I was ever going to actually wear them, but I expected them to be hardy enough for a drunken muddy paddock festival adventure, not break apart with me tying them up in my office.
Have you had an experience like this with an online shop?

Grace x
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment