Shoes can be slippery little suckers

Saturday 5 April 2014

Last Friday night was our engagement party - we had a fantastic night celebrating with family and friends.

Even though I have +150 pairs of shoes 4 of which would look great with my engagement party dress, the Thursday night before the party, I went home via late night shopping. I had been looking at the below bad boys from Betts for a few weeks and watched them fall lower and lower in price, so I knew I had to buy them when I saw them for the 4th time and only paid $19.99!


I was concerned with the sole of the shoe, as it was very shiny and was on the slippery side in the shop. The shop assistant reminded me about the non slip soles you can have added to the shoe, and being only $5 ($19.95 with 2 x heel grips and 2 x party feet "Black Caviar Race Ready Pack" check them out here) I purchased them and the shop assistant puts them on for you, which is great!


Despite having these additions on my soles, I arrived at the venue for our party and almost broke my neck as I stepped onto the floor! Already having one ankle surgery around a year ago (read about it here), I knew the last thing I wanted was another one and flat shoes for 2 months. I quickly walked back home in my flats (like these ones, but black), and then ended up wearing one of my other pairs that matched the outfit.

I finally made it back to the party, I was a teeny bit frazzled but ended up having a fantastic night in these babies - another Betts special from a few years ago. It was a perfect night!  

So glad I have so many pairs of shoes to choose from in an instant, that I took some flats to walk in and that we live a 2 minute stroll from the venue!

And to top it off, the bulk of our guests were none the wiser to my shoedrobe malfunction - although once I had a few celebratory champagnes, I began telling everyone haha. 





What ways do you have to make your shoes non slip? I have used the old 'scratch your soles on rough concrete' and hair spray when I played indoor netball. Have you done any of these or tried the stick on non slip soles?

Grace xox


0 comments:

Post a Comment