Baby Giraffes all over Sydney

Monday 17 February 2014
I spent the weekend in Sydney with my lovely Fiance. We went the non traditional route for our Valentines Day and went on a Ghost Tour of the Rocks - which was really good by the way!

Whilst we were waiting for the tour to start, we sat in Circular Quay and people watched. I was genuinely appalled by the amount of women I saw wearing high heels that they could not walk in, I refer to these as 'Baby Giraffes' or 'Bambis', I mentioned 'Bambis' in a previous post here referring to Lena Dunham.

Here is a collage of some of the worst. One girl was obviously running for a boat and was barefoot, but then to save face she stopped, put on her strappy heels and then continued running! Barefoot in Sydney = death wish. Running in heels on brick tiles = broken ankle. I wonder if she made it to the boat?



How many Baby Giraffes have you seen lately? I must admit the Baby Giraffe can be any age, the woman in the red pants was over 60.

Yes I love shoes, but I feel like I am sensible in wearing them and I do not consider myself a Bambi or Baby Giraffe. If only these above ladies had the hindsight about their aching balls of their feet, blisters, sprained ankles and Bambi walk, they may have thought it was a better idea to buy a set of these for the trek to their location. 



Not only would this help their Bambi walk, but it will also help their long term health!! 

I have seen the Havaianas vending machines in Sydney, but this is the first flat shoe vending machine I have seen. For only $20 you have a pair of comfy runaround shoes that fold up and fit in your handbag - so convenient.

I have multiple pairs of these shoes - Black, Silver and my pink ones below that arrived on Friday, which I think are going to fit nicely into my wedding bag hehe.

Grace xox


 




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment