Stretching Out For My Birthday

Saturday 31 October 2015
I am abit late with my annual birthday post, but here it is. This year I turned the big 3-Oh. So I decided to celebrate my 1/3 life crisis milestone by hosting a huge party for 40 of my nearest and dearest. Thankfully to make my hosting gig easier, we booked a mobile pizza oven caterer, a karaoke jukebox and a slushie cocktail machine, too easy. All I had to do on the day was basically sweep the deck, make up the slushie mixture, test out the karaoke and put on a awesome birthday outfit (no, not my birthday suit haha).

Unfortunately the weather for the few days leading up the party was very up and down so I changed my outfit choice about 10 times before the party and a further 5 times the day of the party. Seeing I was so indecisive, I needed a versatile comfortable wedge silver in colour, that would match all of my potential outfits.

The only pair of silver wedges I own are a tad too small, purchased them on sale a year ago but now was their time to shine. I needed to find a way to stretch them and fast.

Attempt 1 at stretching
I wore them around the house, hoping they would stretch. Strike 1

Attempt 2
I took them to Mister Minit, they said they needed 7 days to stretch them. Strike 2 as I only had 2 days before the party!

Attempt 3
I put a bag of water in them and froze them, hoping the expanding ice would stretch them. Strike 3.





4th and Final Attempt
I put on a pair of socks and slipped the wedges on while they were still cold and wet from the freezer, and just like Magic they began to stretch - Hoooray! They were now big enough to wear comfortably for the majority of the night.



My birthday outfit was saved!!! And they all lived happily ever after. :)


What have you tried to stretch you shoes with? Was it successful?

Grace xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment